Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Built-in Dry Bar

Back in 2004, I was remodeling a house that was built in 1949. In the living room was a random two door closet. I decided to turn the closet into a built-in dry bar. I used a combination of left over Brazilian cherry and maple; I like the contrasting colors. These were the first cabinets of any kind that I had built, but they turned out pretty good I think. They are actually three separate cabinets. I had to do this because of the way the "closet" was configured so this was the only way to get the cabinets in the space. The finish is just a couple coats of Danish Oil and wipe on poly.

The first picture shows the base cabinets; I used full extension slides for the drawers and re sawed the maple for book matched doors.
From DryBar


The next pictures shows the two upper cabinets with the wine rack. The upper cabinets have glass doors on them and the wine rack will hold 15 bottles.
From DryBar


I built the top out of solid maple as well.
From DryBar


This last picture shows the "finished" product, but I somehow didn't have the top on when I took the picture.
From DryBar


Comments always welcome...

1 comment:

  1. The design is simple and nice.the maple wood looks good too...is it a very good seasoned wood?

    custom woodwork

    ReplyDelete