Saturday, February 13, 2010

Media Cabinet - Pocket Doors Completed

So I was able to get some shop time in today and work on the pocket doors. In my last post, I was making the center door panels. I got those all milled up, door built and ready to go. I used my mock up for a little while back and drilled out the door hinges, mounted the slides and was off to the races. Here is a shot of the two doors mounted and side-by-side.
From MediaCabinet


They overlap about 1/8" in the middle, which is ok as it will allow me some room to trim and true up the doors. Here is a shot of the doors opened.
From MediaCabinet


I sort of messed up when I ordered the hardware because, as you can see, the doors to slide back all the way. When I was ordering them, it was not clear to how much travel they would have, but I got sign off from the boss (wife) that it was fine the way it is.

So, that is all I wanted to get done today, so mission accomplished. I still need to clean the glue from the doors and sand them down a bit. I'm in the home stretch though! All I need to do now is mill up all of the shelving, rout the profiles into the top and bottom, add the feet and apply the finish. Here are a couple more shots of the front with the two side swing out doors set into place.
From MediaCabinet


From MediaCabinet


Be Safe!

9 comments:

  1. How did you assemble the carcase (top, bottom, vertical partitions)? Did you just glue along the length of the dados? Anything done in regard to expansion/contraction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, great question. Right now, the partitions are not secured, I am dry fitting everything before final sanding and assembly; it just makes it all easier. Once I do assemble, they will only be glued a portions of the way down the dado to allow for expansion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. taking great shape...the texture of the wood is very nice and I love the various shades of color excellently used here.

    hotel furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking about hand crafted cd dvd storage cabinets, you got the talent dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The door finishing is great and the Pocket Doors Miami wood is also of good quality. The design you have chosen will look good where ever you put this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have shared a great design of Pocket Doors and your doors are looking very beautiful. If you want to know more about san jose furniture stores, Contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am come here first time, i find the perfect article. Thanks for sharing interesting and informative post. serralheria

    ReplyDelete
  8. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally! completeshutters

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading this post, thank you for sharing. I rarely come across the article equally interesting and informative! I generally prefer The Door Store for cheap oak doors and would recommend it to all.

    ReplyDelete